Data protection policy
The Governing Body of Fundación para la Investigación Aplicada en Delincuencia y Seguridad (FIADYS) (hereinafter, the person responsible for the treatment), assumes the maximum responsibility and commitment to the establishment, implementation and maintenance of this Data Protection Policy, guaranteeing the continuous improvement of the controller in order to achieve excellence in relation to compliance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and the free circulation of such data and the one that repeals the Directive 95/46 / CE (General regulation of protection of data) (DOUE L 119/1, 04-05-2016), and of the Spanish norm of protection of data of personal character (Organic Law, legislation specific sector and its development rules).
The Data Protection Policy of Fundación para la Investigación Aplicada en Delincuencia y Seguridad (FIADYS) it rests on the principle of proactive responsibility, according to which the controller is responsible for compliance with the regulatory and jurisprudential framework that governs on this Policy, and is capable of proving it to the competent control authorities.
In this sense, the person responsible for the treatment will be governed by the following principles that should serve all its personnel as a guide and frame of reference in the processing of personal data:
- Protection of data from the design: the controller will apply, both at the time of determining the means of treatment and at the time of the treatment itself, appropriate technical and organizational measures, such as pseudonymisation, designed to effectively apply the principles of data protection, such as minimizing data, and integrating data.
2.Data protection by default: the data controller will apply the appropriate technical and organizational measures in order to guarantee that, by default, only the personal data necessary for each of the specific purposes will be processed.
- Data protection in the information life cycle: the measures that guarantee the protection of personal data will be applicable during the entire life cycle of the information.
- Lawfulness, loyalty and transparency: personal data will be treated in a lawful, fair and transparent manner in relation to the interested party.
- Limitation of the purpose: personal data will be collected for specific, explicit and legitimate purposes, and will not be further processed in an incompatible manner with said purposes.
- Minimization of data: personal data will be adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are treated.
- Accuracy: personal data will be accurate and, if necessary, updated; All reasonable measures shall be taken so that personal data that are inaccurate with respect to the purposes for which they are treated are deleted or rectified without delay.
- Limitation of the conservation period: the personal data will be maintained in a way that allows the identification of the interested parties during no more time than the necessary one for the purposes of processing the personal data.
- Integrity and confidentiality: personal data will be treated in such a way as to ensure adequate security of personal data, including protection against unauthorized or illegal treatment and against loss, destruction or accidental damage, through the application of appropriate technical or organizational measures.
- Information and training: one of the keys to guarantee the protection of personal data is the training and information provided to the personnel involved in their treatment. During the information life cycle, all personnel with access to data will be properly trained and informed about their obligations in relation to compliance with data protection regulations.
The Data Protection Policy of Fundación para la Investigación Aplicada en Delincuencia y Seguridad (FIADYS) it is communicated to all the personnel of the controller and it is made available to all interested parties.
As a consequence, this Data Protection Policy involves all the personnel of the data controller, who must know and assume it, considering it as their own, with each member is responsible for applying it and verifying the data protection rules applicable to their activity, as well as identifying and contributing to the opportunities for improvement that it considers appropriate with the aim of achieving excellence in relation to compliance.
This Policy will be reviewed by the Governing Body ofFundación para la Investigación Aplicada en Delincuencia y Seguridad (FIADYS), as many times as it is necessary, to adapt, at all times, to the current provisions on the protection of personal data.
Information in compliance with personal data protection regulations
In Europe and in Spain there are data protection regulations designed to protect your personal information, which is mandatory for our company.
Therefore, it is very important for us that you fully understand what we are going to do with the personal data we ask you for.
This way, we will be transparent and give you control over your data, with simple language and clear choices that will allow you to decide what to do with your personal information.
If you have any questions after reading this information, please do not hesitate to ask us.
Thank you very much for your cooperation.
- Who are we?
Our denomination: Fundación para la Investigación Aplicada en Delincuencia y Seguridad (FIADYS)
Our main activity: Applied Research in Crime and Security
Our address: Calle Rosa Jardón, 2 2 , CP 28016, Madrid (Madrid)
Our contact email address: email@example.com
Our website: www.fiadys.org
We are at your disposal, do not hesitate to contact us.
- What are we going to use your data for?
In general, your personal data will be used to contact you and to provide you with our services.
They can also be used for other activities, such as sending you advertisement or promoting our activities.
- Why do we need to use your data?
Your personal data is necessary for us to be able to relate to you and provide you with our services, which allows us to use your information lawfully.
However, there are certain situations in which we will need your prior permission in order to carry out certain activities, such as sending you advertising or publishing your image on the Internet. To this end, we will provide you with a series of boxes that will allow you to make clear and simple decisions about the use of your personal information.
- Who will get to know the information we ask for?
In general, only duly authorized personnel of our company may be aware of the information we request from them.
Likewise, those entities that need to have access to your personal information in order for us to provide you with our services may also be aware of your personal information. For example, our bank will know your details if the payment of our services is made by credit card or bank transfer.
Likewise, those public or private entities to which we are obliged to provide your personal data in order to comply with any law will also be aware of your information. To give you an example, the Tax Law obliges you to provide the Tax Agency with certain information on economic transactions exceeding a certain amount.
If we need to disclose your personal information to others, other than as described above, we will ask for your permission in advance through clear choices that will allow you to decide on this matter.
- How will we protect your data?
We will protect your data with effective security measures based on the risks involved in the use of your information.
To this end, our company has approved a Data Protection Policy and annual controls and audits are carried out to verify that your personal data are safe at all times.
- Will we send your data to other countries?
There are countries around the world that are secure for their data and others that are not. For example, the European Union is a secure environment for your data. Our policy is not to send your personal information to any country that is not secure from the point of view of data protection.
In the event that, in order to provide you with the service, it is essential to send your data to a country that is not as secure as Spain, we will always ask your prior permission and apply effective security measures to reduce the risks of sending your personal information to another country.
- How long will we keep your data?
We will retain your information for the duration of our relationship and as long as we are required to by law. Once the applicable legal deadlines have expired, we will proceed to dispose of them in a safe and environmentally friendly manner.
- What are your data protection rights?
You can contact us at any time to find out what information we have about you, to correct it if it is incorrect and to remove it after our relationship has ended, if that is legally possible.
You also have the right to request the transfer of your information to another entity. This right is called “portability” and may be useful in certain situations.
To request any of these rights, you must make a written request to our address, along with a photocopy of your ID card, in order to identify yourself.
At the offices of our entity we have specific forms to apply for these rights and we offer our help for their completion.
To find out more about your data protection rights, you can consult the website of the Spanish Data Protection Agency (www.agpd.es).
- Can you withdraw your consent if you change your mind at a later time?
You may withdraw your consent if you change your mind about the use of your data at any time.
For example, if you were once interested in receiving advertising for our products or services, but no longer wish to receive any further advertising, you can let us know by filling in the opposition form available at our offices.
- If you understand that your rights have been violated, where can you file a complaint?
If you understand that your rights have been disregarded by our entity, you can make a complaint to the Spanish Data Protection Agency, through any of the following means:
- Electronic Headquarters: www.agpd.es
- Post address:
Agencia Española de Protección de Datos
C/ Jorge Juan, 6
- Via telephone:
Tel. No.: +34 901 100 099
Tel. No.: +34 91 266 35 17
There are no costs involved in filing a complaint with the Spanish Data Protection Agency and there is no need for a lawyer or solicitor.
- Will we create a profile of you?
Our policy is not to profile the users of our services.
However, there may be situations where, for the purposes of providing the service, commercial or otherwise, we may need to develop information profiles about you. An example might be using your purchase history or services to offer you products or services tailored to your tastes or needs.
In this case, we will always keep you informed in advance and apply effective security measures to protect your information at all times from unauthorized persons who intend to use it for their own benefit.
- Will we use your data for other purposes?
Our policy is not to use your data for purposes other than those we have explained to you. If, however, we need to use your data for different activities, we will always ask for your prior permission through clear options that will allow you to decide on the matter.